Declarations on the allergen information regulation
Since 13 December 2014 the provisions of the EU food information regulation LMIV (No. 1169/2011) have to be implemented. Therefore, allergenic ingredients must also be informed of unwanted foods.
In Austria, this regulation entered into force with the provisions of the Allergeninformationsverordnung (BGBI. II No. 175/2014) with effect from 13 December 2014. For this purpose, the Federal Ministry of Health has two guidelines (see annex). The regulations include the following:
Information provided by food business operators
Where foodstuffs or products which can cause allergies or intolerances are used in the manufacture or preparation of a foodstuffs, foodstuffs (for example, restaurants, sausages, pastry shops, ice cream parlors, food retailers, delicatessens, breakfasts, but also community supplies such as hospitals) , Nursing homes or company kitchens, or even at festive events), to communicate this information verbally or in writing to the final consumer.
Under this link, you will find the markings according to the recommendations of the Federal Ministry of Health. (only available in German).
Basis for allergen information
The allergen information can be issued on the following basis:
• In the case of commercial goods, the information can be transferred from the label.
• For self-produced goods, the information can be created based on the ingredients used.
• In the case of daily offers or short-term recipe changes, the trained employees must be informed accordingly in sales or service, so that the information can be passed on correctly.
The information must be kept up-to-date. The allergen information must be updated in the event of changes (such as changes in the product range, the composition of the products or changes in the ingredients used).
Manner of information dissemination to end-users
In operation, all information on the allergens contained must be available at all times and made available to the final consumer without being asked for. This can be done both in writing and verbally, such as:
• Indicated in the food or beverage menu.
• On a sign or notice next to the food.
• In electronic form.
• Symbols or abbreviations can also be used when they are encoded in the immediate vicinity.
• Oral information, if clearly indicated in a clearly visible place (for example, "Our Sales Associates inform you about allergenic ingredients in our products"). Personnel trained for this purpose may pass on the information verbally. This can be either the food business itself (eg host) or one or more employees. Please refer to the guideline for personnel training on allergen information.
Allergen information regarding beverages from the private brewery Egger
The allergen information regarding beverages of the private brewery Egger are indicated on the products (the corresponding ingredients are marked in bold letters). The product pricing has been fully implemented for all beverages since 13.12.2014.
The allergen information of our beverages (the products for which we are the manufacturer) can also be found in the appendix. Basically, all our Egg Beers contain gluten-containing grains and gluten-containing cereals (malt).